Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Goalkeeper training, Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement will be asked to attend ONE NIGHT of evaluations. Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability (frequently, this means playing "age up, grade even"). With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Pre-Registration is required by going to www.dublinunited.org and clicking on the big REGISTER NOW button
Age Born in Evaluation days Times
U08/U09 2010/11 Boys and Girls May 29, 30 and 31 5:30PM-7:00PM
U10 2009 Boys and Girls May 29, 30 and 31 5:30PM-7:00PM
U11 2008 Boys and Girls May 29, 30 and 31 7:00PM-8:30PM
U12 2007 Boys and Girls May 29, 30 and 31 7:00PM-8:30PM
U13&Up 2006+earlier Boys and Girls June 4 and 5 6:30PM-8:00PM
Evaluation location: Avery Park, 7401 Avery Rd., Dublin, OH 43016
Check-in: 30 minutes prior to start – left side of south concession stand
Reminders: Supplemental Evaluations and Uniform Sizing tonight!
Reminder that we will have supplemental evaluations (for those who have not been assigned a team and did not make evaluations last week or the week before) tonight and tomorrow at Avery Park (South End):
1. Monday, June 11th 6:00PM - 7:15PM U-08 to U-11 Boys and Girls
2. Monday, June 11th 7:15PM - 8:30PM U-12 and up Boys and Girls
3. Tuesday, June 12th 6:00PM - 7:15PM U-08 to U-11 Boys and Girls
4. Tuesday, June 12th 715PM - 8:30PM U-12 and up Boys and Girls
Initial Uniform sizing sessions (several more over the next couple weeks):
1. Monday, June 11th 6:30PM - 8:00PM Avery Park Shelter
2. Tuesday, June 12th 6:30PM - 8:00PM Avery Park Shelter
3. Tuesday, June 19th 6:30PM - 8:00PM Coffman Park Shelter (By Tennis Courts)
4. Wednesday, June 20th 6:30PM - 8:00PM Coffman Park Shelter (By Tennis Courts)
5. Monday, June 25th 6:30PM - 8:00PM Coffman Park Shelter (By Tennis Courts)
Nearly all players should have received an e-mail concerning player team assignments for teams at the U-12 level and below. There are a few that have not gone out and I am working through those issues, now. Thanks for your patience (and your quick replies of ACCEPTANCE!).