Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement need not attend evaluations (unless the coach requests the player to do so). Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability. With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Dublin United Still Has LIMITED Openings in Every Age Group
Dublin United still has a limited number of openings in every age group. We have as many as SIX teams in some age groups, therefore, we will be able to find a spot for all players interested in playing! If intrested in participating, register TODAY by clicking on the big orange REGISTER NOW button on the right side of our home page!
When the lightning detection system sounds (siren and the yellow strobe light remains on), the fields are to be CLEARED and players are REQUIRED to go to a vehicle! IGNORING THIS REQUIREMENT NOT ONLY JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS, IT POTENTIALLY PUTS THE DUSC FIELD AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AT RISK!
If a team is caught on fields at Avery or Darree AFTER the system sounds AND BEFORE the "All Clear" sounds (the yellow strobe light goes off at the same time), the team can be banned for the remainder of the season. This is NOT a DUSC RULE! ALL soccer entities are required to follow this rule (even though several did not last night).
This came from the City Representative responding to my question regarding the above:
"Correct. If the siren sounds and the light is flashing, then all activity should cease. An all clear will sound once it's safe to get back on the fields and the light will stop flashing.
Our #1¬ goal with the Dublin United Soccer Club is to help players have fun and improve their soccer skills. How do we do that? Through coaches who know the game and enjoy helping children grow and develop. If you're interested in coaching, let us know by¬ completing this questionnaire. You can also contact Ken McMahon at 614-515-9300.
¬ COACHING RESOURCES
Dublin United Soccer Club is committed to helping its coaches improve, too. So we:
‚€¢ Reimburse coaches for earning their OSYSA or USSF coaching licenses through the ‚€úD‚€Ě level (the ‚€úD‚€Ě level requires a full one-year¬ commitment to the Dublin United program for reimbursement)
‚€¢ Provide coaching clinics and other resources¬
‚€¢ Supply each team with coaching supplies (coaching shirt, game ball, goalie gloves, corner flags, cones, pennies, first aid kit)
‚€¢ Help develop rosters if needed
To find out more,¬ click here. Thanks for your interest!