Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement need not attend evaluations (unless the coach requests the player to do so). Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability. With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Coaches and Parents,
On behalf of the Dublin United Soccer Club Board, I would like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
If you are on the road this weekend, be safe!
Look for an indoor update sometime next week. In the meantime enjoy some good food, good pointy-ball football, good company and some time off!
Due to inconsistent enrollment numbers, we are going to delay ALL indoor programs. There ARE sufficient numbers for the January Training Sessions on Friday evening. We still do not have enough players to create a 4v4 league at this point. I am going to broadcast the message to ALL OCL teams over the weekend.
We are also looking at indoor Skill and Agility sessions and Additional Training Sessions on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Once I receive potential dates and times, I will publish the interest form.
We have received numerous requests, already, to register AS NEW PLAYERS for the DUSC Spring 2018 season. We have just opened up the Registration System for all age groups for the SPRING ONLY! REMEMBER: If a player played in the FALL, he/she is ALREADY REGISTERED for the Spring!!!
When the lightning detection system sounds (siren and the yellow strobe light remains on), the fields are to be CLEARED and players are REQUIRED to go to a vehicle! IGNORING THIS REQUIREMENT NOT ONLY JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS, IT POTENTIALLY PUTS THE DUSC FIELD AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AT RISK!
If a team is caught on fields at Avery or Darree AFTER the system sounds AND BEFORE the "All Clear" sounds (the yellow strobe light goes off at the same time), the team can be banned for the remainder of the season. This is NOT a DUSC RULE! ALL soccer entities are required to follow this rule (even though several did not last night).
This came from the City Representative responding to my question regarding the above:
"Correct. If the siren sounds and the light is flashing, then all activity should cease. An all clear will sound once it's safe to get back on the fields and the light will stop flashing.