Registration for Evaluations vs. Player Registration
Our Player Evaluation "Form" is actually our Player REGISTRATION "Form." It can be found by clicking on the big darker yellow "REGISTER NOW" button on our home page. Parents only enter player information ONE TIME!
IF your child is merely attending evaluations, do THREE THINGS:
1. Select "Attending Evaluations and will make a decision later" in response to "Please select the option below which most accurately describes the status of this player"
2. complete the form and
3. DO NOT PAY at this time (select "mail in a check" as the payment option).
If and when you decide to put your child in Dublin United, you will:
1. Change the response to the question above to "New DUSC player who is registering for a specific team (new or returning)"
2. Select the team your child will be playing form under "Team Preference"
3. Adjust payment as needed (whether paying by check or credit card).
We have been the #1 parent-coached program in Dublin since 2005! We grew by nearly 20% in 2016-17! Compared to other similar club programs, we offer:
More games (up to 12 per season for U-10 and up teams and 10 for U-08 and U-09 teams),
More professionally-led training (over 20 professional coach driven training sessions throughout the year),
More Goalkeeper-specific training,
More tournaments (four for U-10 and up teams and three for U-08 and U-09 teams)
More Indoor Training (5 professionally-led sessions included)
Uniforms and practice jerseys INCLUDED in our fees!
For less than other organizations charge! Compare for yourselves!!!
We also offer plenty of additional playing opportunities for players looking for more including:
Summer Camps (Late June and Early July)
Summer Foot Skills Sessions (July)
Additional Indoor training
Individualized and Group Trainings Provided by Professional Trainers
Potential Summer League at a Nominal Fee
The plans are in motion for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Season for DUSC. Our player registration system will open by May 15th. Player evaluations are being held as follows:
U-08 to U-12 – May 30th, May 31st & June 1st (Girls 6:00PM - 7:15PM and Boys 7:15 - 8:30PM)
U-13 to U-15 -- June 5th, June 7th (Girls 6:00PM - 7:15PM and Boys 7:15PM - 8:30PM)
All evaluations will be held at Avery Park. Please plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of the evaluations.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement need not attend evaluations (unless the coach requests the player to do so). Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
When the lightning detection system sounds (siren and the yellow strobe light remains on), the fields are to be CLEARED and players are REQUIRED to go to a vehicle! IGNORING THIS REQUIREMENT NOT ONLY JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS, IT POTENTIALLY PUTS THE DUSC FIELD AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AT RISK!
If a team is caught on fields at Avery or Darree AFTER the system sounds AND BEFORE the "All Clear" sounds (the yellow strobe light goes off at the same time), the team can be banned for the remainder of the season. This is NOT a DUSC RULE! ALL soccer entities are required to follow this rule (even though several did not last night).
This came from the City Representative responding to my question regarding the above:
"Correct. If the siren sounds and the light is flashing, then all activity should cease. An all clear will sound once it's safe to get back on the fields and the light will stop flashing.
Our #1¬ goal with the Dublin United Soccer Club is to help players have fun and improve their soccer skills. How do we do that? Through coaches who know the game and enjoy helping children grow and develop. If you're interested in coaching, let us know by¬ completing this questionnaire. You can also contact Ken McMahon at 614-515-9300.
¬ COACHING RESOURCES
Dublin United Soccer Club is committed to helping its coaches improve, too. So we:
‚€¢ Reimburse coaches for earning their OSYSA or USSF coaching licenses through the ‚€úD‚€Ě level (the ‚€úD‚€Ě level requires a full one-year¬ commitment to the Dublin United program for reimbursement)
‚€¢ Provide coaching clinics and other resources¬
‚€¢ Supply each team with coaching supplies (coaching shirt, game ball, goalie gloves, corner flags, cones, pennies, first aid kit)
‚€¢ Help develop rosters if needed
To find out more,¬ click here. Thanks for your interest!