Spring 2017 Registration System for NEW PLAYERS is OPEN!
If you know of anyone who may be interested in joining Dublin United for the Spring 2017 season, now is the time to let them know!!! We will add players on teams that have openings!!! It is possible that we may add a team or two this Spring.
PLEASE NOTE: If your child played in the Fall, he or she will be returning to the same team. DO NOT register, again, as your child is already registered for the Spring 2017 season IF they paid and played in the Fall.
P.S. Look for several indoor training opportunities in another e-mail coming within the next week. Thanks.
When the lightning detection system sounds (siren and the yellow strobe light remains on), the fields are to be CLEARED and players are REQUIRED to go to a vehicle! IGNORING THIS REQUIREMENT NOT ONLY JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS, IT POTENTIALLY PUTS THE DUSC FIELD AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AT RISK!
If a team is caught on fields at Avery or Darree AFTER the system sounds AND BEFORE the "All Clear" sounds (the yellow strobe light goes off at the same time), the team can be banned for the remainder of the season. This is NOT a DUSC RULE! ALL soccer entities are required to follow this rule (even though several did not last night).
This came from the City Representative responding to my question regarding the above:
"Correct. If the siren sounds and the light is flashing, then all activity should cease. An all clear will sound once it's safe to get back on the fields and the light will stop flashing.
DUSC Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Registrations/Evaluations
We have been the #1 parent-coached program in Dublin since 2005! We offer more games (up to 12 per season for U-10 and up teams and 10 for U-08 and U-09 teams), more trainings (over 25 professional coach driven training sessions throughout the year), more tournaments (four for U-10 and up teams and three for U-08 and U-09 teams) for less than any other club in the area!
The plans are in motion for the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Season for DUSC. Our player registration system will open by May 15th. Player evaluations are being held as follows:
U-08 to U-12 -- May 31st, June 1st & June 2nd (Girls 6:00PM - 7:15PM and Boys 7:15 - 8:30PM)
U-13 to U-15 -- June 7th, June 8th (Girls 6:00PM - 7:15PM and Boys 7:15PM - 8:30PM)
All evaluations will be held at Avery Park. Registrations for evaluations for players will open on or before May 15th.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement need not attend evaluations (unless the coach requests the player to do so). Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
As you all know, the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season is just around the corner! As most of you know, this coming season brings about SEVERAL key changes to US Soccer. Those two changes include:
1. A change to "birth year" cut off rather than a "school year" (i.e. August 1st) cut off for players.
2. More players on the field at U-08 to U-10 (7v7) and U-11 to U-12 (9v9). NOTE: U-08 will be offiicially going to 4v4, however most leagues and clubs (including OCL and DUSC) are maintaining 7v7 for this coming season
What does this mean for DUSC moving forward?
1. Many teams will need to add at least a player or two to accommodate the addition of more players on the field and largely stay intact.
2. Other teams will be merging and/or combining with other teams in order to place players in a position where the player can best compete.
3. Players CAN, as they have always been permitted to do within DUSC/OCL play UP IF they will be able to compete individually at that level.
What about this age "thing"?
1. Calculations just got much easier (I did NOT say BETTER, I said EASIER).
2. Players will now be known by their individual birth year (i.e. 2009, 2007, 2004, etc.).
3. The player and team age will be determined by subtracting the birth year from the highest year in the seasonal year (i.e. for Fall 2016/Spring 2017 use 2017).
For the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season, the following chart applies:
2009 = U-08 (2017-2009 = 8 and put a U in front of it)
Dublin Rocks Soccer Club Announces FREE Training for DSL Players
The Dublin Rocks Soccer Club (Magik, Chak and Co.) have informed me that they will be offering free training this Spring on Sunday afternoons for current DSL players. The sessions will be held at the same place as the DUSC FootSkills at the following dates and times:
Please have your child bring their ball and water. They should wear shin guards and cleats.
Every SUNDAY from April 10th to May 15th. Dublin Rockc Soccer Club (Majik, Chak and Co.) is providing skills sessions for all DSL players. These training sessions will help players of all ages improve their footskills, including dribbling, passing and trapping.
When: Sundays Apr. 10, Apr. 17, Apr. 24, May 1, May 8, and May 15
Where: Coffman Park Extension (6631 Commerce Parkway, Dublin, OH 43017 for GPS purposes)
Time: 5:00PM to 5:55PM for U-06 to U-09 players
6:00PM to 6:55PM for U-10 to U-14 players
I will provide the registration form as soon as they get it to me. Thanks.
Our #1¬ goal with the Dublin United Soccer Club is to help players have fun and improve their soccer skills. How do we do that? Through coaches who know the game and enjoy helping children grow and develop. If you're interested in coaching, let us know by¬ completing this questionnaire. You can also contact Ken McMahon at 614-515-9300.
¬ COACHING RESOURCES
Dublin United Soccer Club is committed to helping its coaches improve, too. So we:
‚€¢ Reimburse coaches for earning their OSYSA or USSF coaching licenses through the ‚€úD‚€Ě level (the ‚€úD‚€Ě level requires a full one-year¬ commitment to the Dublin United program for reimbursement)
‚€¢ Provide coaching clinics and other resources¬
‚€¢ Supply each team with coaching supplies (coaching shirt, game ball, goalie gloves, corner flags, cones, pennies, first aid kit)
‚€¢ Help develop rosters if needed
To find out more,¬ click here. Thanks for your interest!