Dublin United Soccer Club General Information and More
Dublin United Soccer Club has been the largest and most successful parent-coached soccer organization is Central Ohio since its beginnings as the Dublin Middle Tier Soccer Organization (DMTSO) in 2005. We continue to lead the charge with innovative "Foot Skills Sessions", Club Indoor Sessions, our unique Kickoff Event the first week of August, and more opportunities for our players to improve in the Summer, in season, and over the Winter.
NOTES about DUSC Player Evaluations that make Dublin United Soccer Club unique:
1. Players whose parents AND current or future coach agree on team placement need not attend evaluations (unless the coach requests the player to do so). Keep in mind, COACHES develop their own rosters with assistance from DUSC.
2. Players are EVALUATED for placement and are NOT "CUT" based on the players skill level.
3. Some players will be "advised" to play in the recreational program while being able to take advantage of DUSC "skill sessions" all year long, BUT, so long as DUSC has room on a roster, all players desiring to play in DUSC will be placed on a team (this is part of the DUSC agreement with the City of Dublin).
4. Players are NOT required to attend each session, however, attending multiple sessions will assist the evaluators/coaches in proper team placement. Parents will also have additional opportunities to speak to the coaches at the end of each session.
5. When possible, we attempt to allow players to be paired with friends (this is NOT ALWAYS possible!). We also allow players to "play up" with their friends assuming they have the ability. With the change to calendar year cut-offs, many January through July players end up not playing against players in their own grade until getting to high school. We do not believe that forcing these situations is in the best interest of the PLAYER!
Reminder: No For Skills This Afternoon
Just a reminder, no foot skills this afternoon at the church!
Just a reminder that due to the high percentage of you who will be out of town this weekend, there are NO INDOOR SESSIONS this coming weekend! The remaining four sessions will be held the following four weekends before we move (HOPEFULLY!) outdoors.
FINAL REMINDER: Register for the DUSC Winter Indoor Training
Your fees include six indoor training sessions (there are five left)! These sessions are offered on Friday evenings/Saturday afternoons (rotating each week in order to balance the sessions for all players). The first week of sessions received very good reviews as they were run by Kevin McMahon, Magic and several members of the Santos Staff.
These sessions are a true differntiator for our club. Take advantage of these sessions to improve foot skills!
Pre-registration IS REQUIRED to ensure proper ratios of players to staff members. In order to register, please click here:
When the lightning detection system sounds (siren and the yellow strobe light remains on), the fields are to be CLEARED and players are REQUIRED to go to a vehicle! IGNORING THIS REQUIREMENT NOT ONLY JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY OF PLAYERS, IT POTENTIALLY PUTS THE DUSC FIELD AGREEMENT WITH THE CITY AT RISK!
If a team is caught on fields at Avery or Darree AFTER the system sounds AND BEFORE the "All Clear" sounds (the yellow strobe light goes off at the same time), the team can be banned for the remainder of the season. This is NOT a DUSC RULE! ALL soccer entities are required to follow this rule (even though several did not last night).
This came from the City Representative responding to my question regarding the above:
"Correct. If the siren sounds and the light is flashing, then all activity should cease. An all clear will sound once it's safe to get back on the fields and the light will stop flashing.